- Use a gentle cleanser, such as Go-To Properly Clean, to remove night-time products and wake up the face/skin/body/brain/elbows.
- Optional: Toner
- Prescription products (such as acne or pigmentation serums) which must go on clean, dry skin to work
- Antioxidant/hydrating serums (antioxidants beautifully protect the skin throughout the day)
- Optional: Eye cream
- Optional: Daily moisturiser such as Go-To's elegant Very Useful Face Cream
- Physical sunscreen (these are mineral/zinc oxide/titanium dioxide-based sunscreens, and are the best choice for thorough UV defence and pigmentation prevention. They go on the skin LAST, just before makeup. The more common chemical sunscreen, which you're probably used to, only works when applied on clean, dry skin, before any other skin care... making it tricky to use serums in the AM, as wearing treatment products over sunscreen will not see them at their most effective. In short? Switch to a physical sunscreen.)
- Optional: Primer
- BB cream, CC cream, foundation, makeup etc.
*If you are a lo-fi lady, and just pop on some BB or CC cream with broad spectrum SPF 15+ protection each day, you can merge steps 6 to 9. However. I highly recommend wearing a dedicated physical sunscreen each day, (especially if you're using AHA products) and suggest treating the BB/CC cream as makeup/tinted moisturiser, rather than truly effective UV defence.